July 11, 2007

Mama's Bed

Today has been rough so far. I think the shots Hattie had yesterday are the root of the problem. She's cranky and whiney, feverish, not eating well, and just not a happy girl today. She slept 13 hours straight last night which is more than usual, but she still woke up tired this morning. She was only up for an hour before I couldn't take it anymore, so I put her back to bed. She slept and woke up tired and cranky. I know she doesn't feel well, but it's been a chore to keep her happy so far today, and it doesn't help that Sean is out of town. Finally, after lunch I found something that kept her happy for about 20 minutes. I let her romp around on my bed with her stuffed bear that she's growing more and more attached to. She LOVED rolling around on the pillows and cuddling with her bear. I can't believe something so simple could bring her so much joy, but I remember as a child loving it when I was in my Mama's bed - the warmth and comfort - feeling safe and loved. It was one of my favorite places to be. It's still hard for me to believe that I mean that to Hattie. Sometimes I still feel like I need my Mama, and now I am a Mama. Weird how fast time flies.
Anyways, Sean, your girls miss you and can't wait until you come home. HURRY!

No comments:

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2