July 26, 2007

Ingram's Baptism

My newest nephew, Ingram, was baptized this past Sunday, so Sean, Hattie, and I made the trip to Houston to be part of it. I love new babies, and it amazes me how fast Ingram has grown from the tiny newborn that he was to such a beautiful infant. He is such a gift from God to his family! Above is a picture of the proud parents with Ingram and the minister who baptized Ingram.
And here is a picture that Sean's dad took of Sean and me at the baptism. Hattie was sleeping upstairs for most of the reception so we didn't get any pictures of her :0(.
After the baptism, Hattie and I decided to stay a week in Houston "just because." We have enjoyed our relaxing week! I want Hattie to know her extended family well, and she is really enjoying herself - mostly getting aquainted with her Mimi's two cats and her Aunt Christie's dog. I never knew my child was such an animal lover. I am not. I would say that Sean is, though. I think we'll hold out on getting a pet as long as possible (if Mommy has a say in it ;0)!).

Anyways, I just wanted my faithful readers (who are too many to count ;0)!) to know that we have not fallen off the face of the earth; we're just enjoying ourselves in Houston right now, and Daddy will join us on Saturday. I'm sure I'll get around to posting a ton of pictures of our stay when we get home.

1 comment:

Lindsay Newcomer said...

What a pretty dress! Or shirt, I'm not sure.=) Enjoy your week home!

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2