April 2, 2008

You Might be a Redneck

The mornings are sometimes long for Hattie and me. Gracen comes over around 7 a.m. and goes right to sleep if she's not sleeping already and then will sleep until around 10:30. I like having this time with Hattie since she doesn't nap in the mornings anymore. It gives us some good quality time together, but it can make for a LONG 4 hours of being in the house for her and me.

Today I rigged up a little contraption for her outside with the hose trickling water into her unused potty "bucket." She had so much fun playing for over an hour with my make-shift sink. I even got a few pics of her playing with it.



When downloading the pics I couldn't help but think, "Gosh, we're such a bunch of rednecks!" She sure had fun, though. And then I remembered something my best friend's husband, Creighton, said not long ago, "You're only a redneck if you do that kind of thing in the front yard." Whew. We were definitely in the backyard!

Lovin' the baby chub in this one:


I guess the saying is true that You can take the girl outta the country, but you can't take the country outta the girl! Motherhood has definitely helped me realize how much I cherish the simplicity of the things I had growing up. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that I want Hattie to learn to use her imagination in play like I had to do. By George, my child will not be corrupted by the 21st century of gadgets and being indoors infront of the t.v. or computer all the time.

Yeah, that's an easy statement to make when your child is 20 months old and loves being outside more than candy. I know the tide will turn when Miss Prissy becomes a teen, but this mama has hopes! Afterall, she has some redneck in her from her mama's side.

No comments:

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2