April 14, 2008

Happenings 'Round Here

We've been busy around here since Spring has sprung. Sean and I decided to tackle a couple of our flower beds with the help of my mom, brother and sister a few weeks ago. We completely ripped out a bunch of big, ugly bushes and planted lots of new flowers in the beds. What do you think?



Now I just have to keep everything alive!

In Hattie news, I feel like we're definitely embarking on the terrible twos! Lots of fits and whining have filled my days this past week and most of that has been from her, not me :0). She gets frustrated alot easier now than she use to, and my sweet darling has figured out that she has her own opinions about everything. For instance, look at the red shoes she's wearing in the following picture:

They are her "princess shoes" as she calls them. Her Aunt Missy bought them for her girls and then passed them on to us when they outgrew them. Hattie LOVES them and insists on wearing them every. single. day.

I have also caught her on several occasions looking at her reflection in the oven door, practicing such phrases as, "That's all mine," or "Mine, mine, mine," or screaming "Nooooooo!" Yes, we are in the terrible twos a little early, I'm afraid. I just hope that means we'll be outta them a little early, too!

Luckily, we have glimpses of her sweetness each day, too. She is very affectionate and will often come up to me for no reason and lay her head on me and say, "I love you so much." Those moments help me get through the bad ones. Just this morning, she told me she loved me and then added, "I love ME, too." Ha!


And finally, I've just been thinking a lot about having two little girls. I am so excited! I couldn't help myself last week when I went shopping, so I bought some things for the new baby's room and also bought these for our girls:


Button is still nameless at the moment. I have 3-4 names that I really like, and I just can't decide, so I told Sean he could pick the name from my picks. A good compromise for us since I didn't like any of his girl names. He seems satisfied with that set-up, too.

So that's what's been goin' on 'round here since I last blogged about a week ago. Hope you are all well and enjoying the beautiful spring weather because it's gonna be humid and hot before we know it!

2 comments:

The Jasters said...

The yard looks awesome and I love the shirts! I can't wait to see Hattie & Button decked out in their "sister" shirts.

Missy said...

Well, if YOU had a pair of sparkly red shoes, wouldn't you wear them every day too??

I can't believe she practices her 2-ness in the mirror. Freakin scary, man.

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2