April 24, 2008

She's Breakin' My Heart!


Yesterday evening Hattie and I went for a walk with Sean's mom. Along the way we stopped at a baseball field and sat in some bleachers while Hattie ran around to burn some energy before bedtime. At one point, my 21 month old BABY ran to a tree a few feet from where we were sitting, looked at us, and clearly proclaimed, "I'm never coming back!"

Oh, my heart sank. Where she picks this stuff up, I haven't a clue! I guess she's watching soap operas when I'm not looking......or maybe she's caught on that a new baby's about to move into her territory.

Luckily seconds after breaking her mama's heart, she ran back over to us yelling, "I'm BAAAACK!"

Oh, thank goodness!

3 comments:

The Jasters said...

What a goofy girl! Precious picture!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie! I love to read your blog though I don't get to that often. I am so impressed that you are watching another little baby just before your new little "Button" makes an appearance. I hope you guys are doing well. Hattie is precious and I am excited to see who this next little bundle will look like.

Anonymous said...

You think she's breaking you heart now...give her a few more years...trust me on this!!!

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2