April 18, 2008

Dear REM Sleep Cycle,
Thank you for keeping my child asleep while the rainstorm rolled in this morning around 4:30. I was sure she would wake up when the electricity went out, her white noise fan died, and the thunder and lightning began to shake the whole house, but she stayed fast asleep. Then when the lights came back on at 5:00 and our house alarm went off in panic style....LOUD! LOUD! LOUD!......I was sure I was doomed, but you kept her in quiet, peaceful dreamland somehow......amazing! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. You are my hero.

P.S. Could you please work overtime in my sleep tonight since I've been up since 4:30 a.m.?

Hopefully yours,
One grateful but sleepy mama

My favorite sleeping picture of Hattie. She has slept like this since 2 months old. One thumb in her mouth and one hand on her ear. It reminds me of the king lion in the Robin Hood cartoon movie.

No comments:

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2