January 2, 2008

It's 2008, Baby

And we have had a rough start. Our house has been plagued by a wretched virus. Hattie and I are finally feeling better after both being sick for about 4 days each, but now Sean is sick. It's been pretty miserable around these parts. New Years Eve festivities consisted of trying to hold down some Sprite and a handful of saltines and going to bed at 8:30. Man, what a party!

On a brighter note, I had my first ultra-sound today, and Button was bouncing all around. I got to see his/her strong heart-beat, which was the reassurance I needed. I just don't really feel pregnant yet besides the constant fatigue and looming morning sickness. I guess it's because I don't have the time to think about this little one like I did with Hattie. As soon as I can take a picture of the sonogram picture (we don't have a scanner), Button will have his/her debut on our blog. And my official due date is August 23rd, which is later than I thought, so we'll see if that changes. Good times ahead!

Finally, Missy carded me a while back. Sorry, sister, I am just now getting to this, but times have been a rough 'round here! My list will be a New Years List, like Laura's, since Christmas is over. So here goes nothin' or somethin' depending on if you like these kinds of things or not:

THE RULES:

1. Each player starts with 5 gifts that they would want for Christmas (I'll say the New Year, since Christmas is almost over!)
2. People who are “CARDED” need to write their own Blog about their 5 things & post these rules.
3. At the end of your Blog, you need to choose 5 people to get “CARDED” and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a COMMENT telling them they’re “CARDED”, and to read your Blog.

My Materialistic Gift/Wish List:
1.) a buffet or a hutch to store my china in
2.) for Sean to paint the bedrooms before the new baby comes
3.) new light fixtures around the house
4.) a new bed.....king-size please! The queen ain't workin' so great anymore.
5.) for Hattie to stop constantly sucking her thumb so she doesn't have a huge gap between her top 2 teeth.

My Spiritual Gift/Wish List:
1.) That I would better remember that God is in control; even though, I constantly feel that I need to be in the driver's seat. Or otherwise stated, that I may find peace in God's Will in my life more fully.
2.) That my desire to pray and read my bible would grow.
3.) That I would grow in humility and try to put others before myself.
4.) That I would honor my husband better.
5.) That Sean and I will find our niche in our church and find a way to serve in our parish family.

Okay, if you're reading this, have a blog, and haven't done this already, TAG, YOU'RE IT!!!!

Finally, for picture postin' purposes, here's a picture that Sean's mom sent me of Hattie and Wendy cookin' up a storm with Wendy's little kitchen. I wish I had been there to see the two playing together, but alas, I was home sick in bed. Gosh, these babies are such toddlers now!

Aunt Lallie, we are still praying that you 3 didn't catch our germs that were surely floating around everywhere. We pray your antibodies are stronger than ours!!!!

No comments:

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2