October 14, 2008

{2 Months}

Look who turned 2 months old yesterday!

We went to the doctor this morning for Mary Ellen's two month check up. She is a whopping 11 lbs. 12 oz (75%) and is 22 and 1/4 inches long (50%). I looked at Hattie's chart when we got home to compare the girls at two months, and while their length was the same, Hattie was only 10lbs. 5 oz. at 2 months old. Yep, someone sure enjoys breastfeeding!

Mary Ellen, you are turning out to be such a mild, sweet baby. The second most common comment that everyone makes about you is that you are so cuddly, and you are. The most common thing I hear is always about your craaaaaaaazy hair.

You are cooing and smiling so much, and it just melts my heart. My favorite is your big, open mouth, toothless smile accompanied with your flirty eyes. Your daddy and I turn to mush when we see that combination.

You are actually enjoying time awake that is not spent in my arms now. You are content anywhere I put you, the swing, playmat, floor, bouncer, for atleast ten minutes before you remind us that you would rather be held. The swing is your favorite. You'll hang out in that thing for quite a while these days.

You are a good sleeper, sleeping 6-8 hour stretches at night. You even gave me a ten hour stretch two nights ago. And you usually take 2-4 hour naps at a time.

I love you, my sweet baby girl, and as you sleep in your crib right now, I am fighting the urge to just go in there and pick you up and rock you forever and ever because I know this sweet infant time will pass so quickly, and I will miss it so much with you, and that makes my heart ache a lot. I love you, my precious Mary Ellen.

1 comment:

KatieLee Photography said...

Still the cutest baby on the block! Gotta love those baby blues!

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2