July 28, 2008

Please Pray

Please pray for my dear, sweet sister-in-law who is suffering the loss of her unborn child. She went last week for her first check-up, and they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. Pray that her body and heart will mend quickly and that God will grant her peace and understanding through this.

We shared our first pregnancies with our daughters together, and I was overjoyed when I heard that she was expecting again, that she and I would get to be pregnant mamas together again - a double blessing! Yet God had other plans and perfect reasons why this tiny child's life would be so short.

It's hard to know how to comfort another when you have not experienced her pain. I have never thought that I was good about finding the right words to say to people who were suffering through something, but I found this little quote, written by a nun, that I hope helped comfort her some. It's supposed to be God comforting a mother who just lost her unborn child:

My dear, you see, the child lives. Instead of the wind he hears the sound of angels singing before My throne. Instead of the beauty that passes he sees everlasting Beauty—he sees My face. He was created and lived a short time so the image of his parents imprinted on his face may stand before Me as their personal intercessor. He knows secrets of heaven unknown to men on earth. He laughs with a special joy that only the innocent possess. My ways are not the ways of man. I create for My Kingdom and each creature fills a place in that Kingdom that could not be filled by another. He was created for My joy and his parents’ merits. He has never seen pain or sin. He has never felt hunger or pain. I breathed a soul into a seed, made it grow and called it forth.

We love you and are praying for you both, Laurel and James.

No comments:

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2