July 4, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday!!!


Oh, the difference a year makes!

Hattie Ruth,

I am so proud of the little girl you are turning into. I am so thankful and blessed by God that you came into this world and made me a mother. Your birth has created such a warmth and depth in my heart. I will never be the same.

I have watched you grow this year into such a bright, beautiful toddler. You string your words together so thoughtfully and pronounce them so well. Your sense of humor is so much like mine, but there’s no question that you have your daddy’s smile. You have really started coming out of your shell in these last few months, and while you are still on the shy side, you enjoy being around other children and playing more than before.

You are full of questions, constantly asking, “What is that?” Every time you wake up from a nap, you ask me for a Tutu treat. Every morning when you get up and I go in to get you, you ask, “What’s Daddies doing?” You constantly wanna “Go see Mimi and Gandaddy” or “Tutu and Popo.” You love your family.

And you love all things girly. You love watching Mommy put makeup on and tell me, “Do it to Hattie!” You usually put a necklace and bracelet on before leaving the house to go anywhere. You love waving your princess wand and saying, “It’s so magical!” You love putting Mommy’s shoes on and hobbling over to the oven door to admire your reflection. Atleast once a week you tell me and your daddy that you want earrings.

I am so thankful for these last two years with you that God has given me and your father. I look forward to our tomorrows together as we so proudly watch you grow and develop. You are my bookie-boo, and even though you will share me with your sister soon, know that my love for you will only continue to grow forever and ever. You are so priceless and precious to me that I will never have the words to explain. I only hope that you will understand when you hold your first born in your arms.

Happy Birthday, baby girl! I can't believe you're TWO!

Love,
Mama

**I'll have pictures to share of the birthday party soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Hattie! You are such a sweet and beautiful little girl.

Stephanie, that was such a sweet letter! Having girls is so much fun and I am so excited to see your lives about to be blessed with another one!

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2