November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Countdown & No Babies Allowed

We are getting ready for Thanksgiving around here. Hattie and I made this during M.E.'s naptime this morning:

Mommy & Daddy Pilgrim and two baby Indians. Hattie is obsessed with cutting and gluing right now. Good quite activity for Sissy's naptime!

We are going to Sean's family's house for Thanksgiving this year. I am making his favorite chocolate pie (the easy peasy one on the back of the Instant Jello Pudding box), and I am also making these pumpkin pie bites, and of course green bean casserole because no Thanksgiving is complete without green bean casserole!

And in other news, Hattie taped this on her door the other day:

She let us all know that it says, "No babies allowed." She keeps her door shut all the time. Poor Mary Ellen. Having them share a room in a few years sure is going to be..........FUN! :/ My sister and I use to split our room in half and claim a side when we were mad at each other. Having a sibling teaches children so much about sharing and compromising, but sharing a room goes above and beyond getting kids ready for things like college roommates and spouses! I'm sure they'll appreciate the big picture when it comes time to share a room ;)!

I probably won't be back on here before Thanksgiving, so I hope you all have a blessed one with family and friends and good food!

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

I agree- being a twin definitely prepared me for roommates and a husband! Although it also made me sort of territorial... oops :)

Team Tanneberger said...

You are pretty dang-darn creative, sis! I love those pilgrim and Indian faces! So cute!

Megan Blinka said...

Hattie is too cute! Sharing a room is that bad...but then me and Colleen were 5 yrs apart and I have my own sleeping space in my dorm room :)

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2