October 23, 2007

Signs

Both my mother and mother-in-law gave Sean and me some signs for our new house as house-warming gifts. Both signs are cute, relevant to the season and have messages that really hit home for me right now.


The one my mother-in-law gave us is in our front yard and says, Give Thanks. This really hits home for me because I have so many blessings in my life to give thanks to God for right now.


First of all there is my dad's health, which isn't perfect, but it could have been so much worse following the stroke. I am thankful that he is home and his speech is improving and that he didn't suffer from any other effects like paralyzing limbs or loss of vision or memory. No permanent damage was done. For this I give thanks to God!


Also, I am so full of joy to be back in Houston. I might bust! This past year has been hard, hard, hard. Moving to a new place with a new baby in the tiniest little townhouse has been a challenge to put it lightly. We have known for over 6 months that we were moving back. It was supposed to happen in the summer and then it was pushed back until the fall. I felt like the move was dangling in my face, but I couldn't quite make it happen for so many months. Talk about frustrating! Then there was the possibility that Sean would have to commute to Dallas until January. But he doesn't!!!! He spent the last several months proving to his bosses that he could hack it in Houston solo right now. I'm so proud of him. For all of this I give thanks to God!


And our sweet Hattie Boof as we like to call her. She is healthy and thriving and so curious. I love getting to spend my days with her. I don't have to miss any moment of her growth and development. What a blessing! For this I give thanks to God!


Finally, I just love our new house. It fits our family so perfectly. We have a big yard for Hattie to run around in, and we have so many new nice neighbors. For this I give thanks to God!


Those are just the recent blessings that are at the forefront of my brain. There are so many more. God has been so good to me and my family. I am so thankful for all of the gifts that He has given me. None of which I deserve.


The sign my mom gave us says, Happy Fall Y'all. This hits home because we are now experiencing the first real cold front of the season, and it's GREAT! Sean and I sat on our patio last night with hot chocolate and had to come in because we were too cold. I'm lovin' it!!! Anyways, here are some recent fall pictures that we have taken outside enjoying the wonderful fall weather!


First at the pumpkin patch:
And then in our front yard:

No comments:

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2