October 2, 2007

Finally!

I finally have my camera back, so I have some new pictures to share!

We've been enjoying the cool fall mornings lately. It's still really hot by like 9:00 a.m. so I try to take Hattie outside after breakfast. I can't wait to have a backyard again, so we don't have to get the stroller out every single time I want to take her outside. I can't believe we'll be in our new house in less than 2 weeks! It kinda scares me as I look around at all of the empty boxes that still need to by filled.......hhhmmm.......yet I choose to get on blogger!

Hattie's newest phrase as of yesterday is, "Come-ere." (come here). She says it just like I do. It kind of runs together as one word and has a little bit of a Texas twang to it. Part of me feels like I should pronounce words correctly when speaking to her so she doesn't learn them incorrectly like she's doing. It's so funny, though, the way she imitates me. I can't help but smile when she says it.

She's also very into shaking her finger and saying "no-no!" all the time. This is not as cute, especially when I am trying to get her to eat something. She's become a bit of a picky eater and refuses many of the things that she was willing to eat just two weeks ago by saying "no-no" to almost everything I offer her. It's a great way for her to comfort herself, though. For instance, if she's walking and bumps her head on the table, she'll shake her little finger at the table and say "no-no!" and then she's over it. That's pretty nice.

Another new thing she's doing is she puts anything and everything "night-night." Her dolls, her stuffed animals, a book, my shoe. Anything she can get her hands on. She picks it up and says, "nigh-nigh" then puts it on the couch or back on the floor or whatever. She's such a little mama!

I can see her incisors on the bottom trying to cut through, and her poor little nose has been running and dripping for going on two weeks now, but other than that, life is pretty good for my little girl who will soon celebrate her 15 month birthday.

Now, back to those empty boxes again......

No comments:

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2