January 21, 2010

My Current Favorites

I don't have much to blog about, but in an effort to stay away from the pantry and fridge during naptime, I thought I'd share some of my current favorite things.

1.) Sean and I went to see Avatar a few nights ago.  I did not want to see this movie.  I was totally dragged to it kicking and screaming, but it is one of the most, if not the most, amazing movies I've ever seen.  I know I'm probably the last person on the planet so am preaching to the choir, but GO SEE IT if you haven't!  AMAZING.  Visually AMAZING.  And the story's good, too.  Totally not just a guy's movie, which is what I thought.

2.) If you are into eating healthy and organic foods and live in the Houston area, you should go dine at this restaurant.  YUM-O!  A bit pricey but fun for a rare nice dinner date night.

3.) Two books that I'm enjoying right now:

I am almost done reading it.  It is scandalous and fascinating.  I have a love-hate relationship with it.  Love because it's so good.  Hate because I can't put it down at night to go to sleep and wind up very tired in the morning.

I'm also reading this:

I have a tendency to totally procrastinate with Bible study books.  My group meets Monday nights, so I usually pick up the book to do the study the Sunday night before, and half the time, I'm too tired or Sean beckons me to come watch something on t.v. with him.  This time, though, I'm enjoying the book so much that I have kept up with it, doing a lesson every day.  If you are looking for a good bible study book, I recommend this one!

4.) I rooted for this lady on The Next Food Network Star months back and was so happy when she won.  I have tried a couple of her recipes and am totally digging her four step chicken dishes.  Easy and so flavorful, and the chicken never comes out chewy.  We eat a lot of chicken around here, but with her four step plan, I don't feel like I'm eating the same thing every other night.

5.) Have you been to this store?  They have every kind of accessory I never thought I needed.  It's a bit overwhelming at first, but if you need some cheap bling, go here.  They are bound to have something you'll like.  And they sell cute clothes, too.

Well, that's it for now.  I can hear that nap time is over.  What're some of your current faves right now?  Do tell :)!

2 comments:

The Joiners said...

Ditto on our Bible Study book!!

Brittany said...

Something borrowed by Emily Giffin...I can't put it down either and I seem to come to work every day with bags under my eyes so I understand your dilema completely!

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2