April 11, 2009

NY SEE {Finally}!

So we are back, and SO happy to see the babies again. Missed them so much. Unfortunately the littlest one was sick and miserable upon our return. But we pushed through it, and she is on the upswing now.

I liked NYC because I liked being alone with my husband for 7 days, but I could never ever live there. It was overwhelming, and I actually think the food here is better. Maybe it was the places we went, though? BUT I loved the broadway shows. We saw Wicked and Mary Poppins. Both so good! I liked Wicked more because it was funny and brilliant, but Mary Poppins was so cute and had great stage props and the dancing numbers were awesome! I was just amazed at all the talent that goes into these shows.

We also went to a Rangers game. There were lots and lots of men yelling all kinds of obscenities. It was exciting and intense. Not exactly my kind of atmosphere, but Sean's office was treating us with some of his coworkers, and I'd never been to a professional hockey game before.

We saw Central Park on the only sunny, warm day we had while there. We went to the Met. We rode the subway. We saw a comedy show, and we ate and slept and laughed and walked; we walked alot.

I finally feel like I am not sinking in laundry and travel clutter and all of the Easter stuff the kids got from grandparents and the Easter bunny. Unfortunately I didn't get a single picture on Easter Sunday. The girls were completely exhausted and Mary Ellen still very sick, so after church and a quick stop at Mimi's to realize the kids just couldn't take the long lunch, I opted to bring them home and nap them. They slept hard. But I have grand plans of taking belated Easter pictures of the girls in their matching dresses before....oh, say, next Easter ;).

But I do have some pictures from NYC to share.........

dinnah at the Blue Fin in Time Square


dessert at the Hershey Store in Time Square ;). Do any of you watch Project Runway? This is where all the designers (from last season, two seasons ago?) went to pick items to make a dress.


Mary Poppins pre-show. I am so amazed at the talent and creativity that goes into these shows. God has gifted me, but not in the creativity department. I can't even grasp how people can think and design and bring such beautiful ideas to life. Amazing talent!


At the Met. Contrary to how Sean looks in the picture, he was having a good time, I think :).

Blogger is being moody, and that's all I have time for. I tried to post a few different pics than the ones we put on Facebook. We didn't take that many pictures. There was just so much to soak in, and I guess we just aren't as picture happy when the babies aren't around.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

YES I am a big Project Runway fan and I loved that episode... although if I had been in it, I would have forfeited the challenge and just eaten all the candy :) Cute pics!!

The Jasters said...

What a fun trip! Cute pictures!

Unknown said...

Yay! I am glad you had a good time away! I loved the sights and sounds - great experience, but I am with you, I could never live there. I told my mom that I should have been about 5-10 years younger, and I think I would have enjoyed it more. I like my home, with my kids and with lots of parks and not so many cars. I guess I am getting old. Ha!
Wasn't Wicked so clever? I would definitely want to see that again. And I love Project Runway and when I walked into the Hershey's store I remember thinking that it looked bigger on TV! :)

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2