January 21, 2009

Sharing *Toddler Style*


This picture warms my heart and cracks me up at the same time. I am so proud of Hattie for sharing one taste of her "special lollipop" with her sister. She made it very clear to Mary Ellen before giving her a taste that she could only have one lick :). Look at the way she's holding Mary Ellen's arm down, far away from the lollipop. Oh yeah, she's a bossy one, but aren't all big sisters?!?! :) And look at that baby's face! She is as happy as a clam for two reasons: Number one, she's getting her first taste of sugar - the good stuff! And number two, her sister, who walks on water in M.E.'s book (atleast at this point), is paying attention to her. That baby was in pure heaven :)!

I've been a little sparse on here lately because we were sick, and then sleep was all messed up for the kids (meaning Mama wasn't getting much). I've been tired and kind of uninspired to blog lately. Then this week, we've been outside so much because it's been BEAUTIFUL. We're loving the weather. Oh, and I've been a little addicted to facebook lately. I've had an account for awhile but just recently got into it. So computer time has been spent there catching up with people I haven't talked to in ten years and my other 100 or so "friends."

Today when I went and got Hattie from her nap, she sat up in bed and whispered (in a shockingly secretive way), "Mama, come here. I have a secret." So I came over to the bed and inquired what her big secret was, and she just sat there and stared at me. She apparently recently heard the word secret but has no clue what it means. I'm glad she's starting a good trend and telling Mama all about her secrets, though :).

And this is how Mary Ellen looks 99% of the time, minus the bow (I just put that on for pics :).).

The girl loves to suck her fingers. All day. Every day. She still is not rolling from back to tummy but rolls from tummy to back fairly easily, not a good thing when you're a tummy sleeper, though! That is, not a good thing for Mama.

Mary Ellen had her first taste of solids this last week. I gave her rice cereal which totally constipated her, so then we went the non-conventional route and went straight to prunes. Now she'll probably never eat a vegetable in her life, and it's all my fault! I've stopped the cereal for now until we can get the plumbing working well again, and I still haven't taken a picture yet of her eating solids *for the first time* for the baby book. Bad mommy! Poor second child. I need to do that.

Oh, and tomorrow is the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. Our church is having a prayer service at 7:30 that Sean and I are going to. Please pray that we will someday be able to celebrate the anniversary of the day when abortion becomes illegal in our country. Though it seems impossible, we know that nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37).

And if you haven't done so yet, go here and sign the petition to fight against the Freedom of Choice Act.

Blessings to all!

2 comments:

AKat said...

Those are the sweetest pictures! You are really a good photographer, Stephanie!

shalonda said...

okay friggin' hilarious! i caught addi sharing her goldfish with her sister the other day, eeeek!

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2