September 4, 2008

Coming Up for Air

Yesterday Mary Ellen turned 3 weeks old. I don't even know what I've been doing the last three weeks. It's a bit of a blur. All my days kind of run together. The biggest blessing for me is that Sean has been home for almost the entire 3 weeks. He landed a new job right after Mary Ellen's birth, so he's been enjoying some paid time off before he starts his new job on Monday. I'm gonna miss him being here. I'm a tiny bit nervous about how I'll handle the two solo on the amount of sleep I've been averaging each night. No more sleeping in until 9 when I have a hard night with the baby. No more naps whenever I want one, unless I get both girls down at the same time. So pray for me!

And because my brain is too fried right now to come up with anything else to type, I'll leave ya with some pictures that we've taken over the last few weeks with my added interesting commentary :)..........

The newbie doing what she does best right now.......napping after nursing.


The big sister doing what she does best.......primping with Mommy.


Ooooo, pretty lights and constant vibration = content, alert baby!


Mimi turns 30 again :).


Wendy and Aunt Laurel come for a visit. Hattie and Wendy share a love/hate relationship that only two year olds can truly appreciate and understand.


And probably my favorite event of all, tons of water seeps under the house during a storm, so we get new drainage about $2,500 later.

Gotta love home ownership and what it does to the bank account! Oh, and the perfect timing of when things go wrong with the house.

So if you were wondering, that's what we've been up to in a nutshell, livin' life with our two girls.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sorry about your house, BUT little Mary Ellen is SO cute! I'll be praying for you to get the rest you need!

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2