August 12, 2008

Baby Update

So I went to the doc today. I'm 3 centimeters!!! Not sure about the effacement as she didn't tell me this week, but last week I was 70% effaced. Of course I could sit like that for a while still. I have been contracting much more in the last 24 hours, though, and after timing them for the last couple of hours, I've noticed that they are about 9-10 minutes apart, lasting for about a minute each. They aren't take my breath away painful yet, so I'm not sure if this is the beginning of the end or not.......

If I don't go into labor by Thursday, my doctor, who will be on-call and up at the hospital Thursday and Friday anyways, has offered to induce me. As scared as I am of being induced and it ending in a c-section, the lack of sleep I've had in the last few days coupled with various other reasons has caused me to accept the doc's offer. And the cool thing is that Thursday is my dad's birthday - He'll be 60!!! - so Mary Ellen will have a birthday buddy in the family :).

It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that my little girl will be here in the next 48 hours. I'm so ready........and so nervous, too.......

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, and God willing, our next post will be filled with pics of our newest addition and her big sister of course :)!

2 comments:

mamatutwo said...

Okay, I'm confessing! I lurk all the time, and I just had to come out of hiding today to say how excited I am for you and your sweet family! Going from one to two is such an exciting time--all the talk about "the girls" (My first two were girls, also.) and "our children"...it's a great time! God bless!

P.S. Found your blog through Missy...

Blogahon said...

mamatutwo...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2