August 7, 2010

Random Summer Shots & Thoughts

I can't believe summer is almost over.  If you had asked me two weeks ago if I was ready for the summer to be over and for the girls to start school, I would have said, "No way!  We're having too much fun!"  However, last week, the dog days of summer kicked in - and so did the heat! - and I am READY FOR SCHOOL to start ;).  Hattie is READY FOR SCHOOL to start!  Mary Ellen has no clue what's coming with MDO, and I have to admit, I'm a little sad to send her.  She's my baby, but I know I will enjoy the two mornings a week, kid free, to go to midwife appointments as those are about to get more frequent with the 3rd trimester and to start decorating baby boy's nursery of which I have done nada.

Overall, this summer has flown by, minus the last week of it.  We've enjoyed lots of trips to the pool & playing outside in the mornings before the mosquitos and heat get too bad.
We've had popsicles in the bathtub.
We've had numerous playdates.  We've gone to Chickfila one too many times.  Been to the library to checkout books about a dozen times, and we've played dress-up almost every day. 
Hattie woke up from naptime and begged me to be a kittycat one afternoon.  I obliged.  And of course, whatever big sister wants, little sister wants, too! :)
We went to Splashway (located in the middle of nowhere but loads of fun) one day, Kemah another day, and Galveston beach yet another.
We celebrated Hattie's 4th birthday and will celebrate Mary Ellen's 2nd birthday in a week {sniff, sniff}.
And I've been reminded over and over again how blessed I am to have this life with these beautiful children and this hunkiness of a man! :)
But now, this mom is tiiired!  And summer couldn't be ending at a better time.  I know the heat will last long after school starts, but it'll be nice to spend the 3rd trimester of this pregnancy a little more relaxed and low-key.  I think I just might nap through the fall before things get crazy again with the birth of our son and then the holidays!  But, I think, as Robert Frost says, "I have miles to go before I sleep."  Life's not gonna slow down for this worn-out preggo!  But the blessings are definitely worth the time and energy.  100% worth it!

No comments:

Wisdom From the Pope

“The inalienable dignity of every human being and the rights which flow from that dignity - in the first place the right to life and the defense of life - are at the heart of the church's message." Pope John Paul ended his address, saying: "In spite of divisions among Christians, 'all those justified by faith through baptism are incorporated into Christ...brothers and sisters in the Lord.'" Pope John Paul 2